The 2014 Eclipses
Eclipses are dramatic wild cards and some of the most powerful tools that the universe uses to get us to pay attention to areas in our life that need to change. They uproot us, surprise is, and get us moving. They shake us up so that we can move from one level of maturity to another, to a higher plane, very rapidly. Eclipse wants us to change, and change we do!
Eclipses always arrive in pairs, and coincide with new moons and full moons, as solar and lunar respectively. They appear in a family of signs that are opposite each other on the horoscope wheel and occur every 5 and ½ months for 18 to 24 months, and at that point, your transformation in that set of signs will be complete. Once a family of signs is finished, it will not be back for 7 or 8 years.
Currently, we are in the Scorpio /Taurus polarity, transitioning from Aries/ Libra
The years that hold eclipses in your sun sign or rising sign will be vital for you and will trigger major turning points.
Eclipses bring news of life’s BIG events…engagements, marriage, promotion or career breakthroughs, starting businesses……monumental events. Eclipses mark major turning points.
Solar Eclipses tend to create new beginnings, and Lunar eclipses are more emotional for they cause final endings.
Here are a few great tips for understanding and working with eclipses.
- Eclipses bring random events you do not expect, didn’t know about, and ones that are completely outside of your control, yet, the event will bring vast changes to your doorstep!
- Eclipses speed your sense of time, and change planned timetables.
- The job of an eclipse is to shine a glaring ray of truth to the part of your life that is being touched, and the truth will likely arrive in a startling way. Eclipses are brilliant illuminators, revealing a truth about a condition that you never in a million years knew existed. Once you are given the info, the news can act as a catalyst to a major decision or action you will take. Most often we are shocked or surprised by the info….but, in time, it allows you to move forward with understanding.
- An eclipse, especially a full moon lunar eclipse, will help you see the true character of someone close…brace yourself; you may not like what you see.
- Take any message you hear from an eclipse as nonnegotiable and firm, and then move on!
- Take notice of all news and signals you get near an eclipse seriously, even if news comes as subjective and ambiguous as gossip.
- It is vital you guard your health if an eclipse falls within five days of your birthday, or if it falls almost exactly opposite your birthday.
- Eclipses almost always bring up all kinds of unexpected changes of direction if your sun, moon or a personal planet is touched.
- Occasionally, an important person will be eclipsed out of your life.
- Try not to issue ultimatums or take big actions under an eclipse….bide your time and act in a few weeks when there will be less static in the air.
- If an eclipse falls on your birthday, or within five days of your birthday, the year that follows will be a critical one for you.
- Eclipses that are in the same element (fire, air, water, or earth) as your birth sign are generally friendly and helpful.
- At eclipse time, keep your schedule light and elastic.. No matter what is on your agenda at the time, something else will come in to demand immediate attention.
- Leos tend to feel new moon solar eclipses strongly, as the sun rules Leo, and Cancers tend to feel lunar eclipse strongly as the moon rules Cancer.
- Once a family of signs is finished, it will not be back for 7 or 8 years.
- Gold star point…eclipses repeat in nearly exact degrees and signs every 19 years.
- Don’t be too quick to pronounce an eclipse good or bad. All eclipses have a second act.
- Eclipses help you do things you never thought you could do…Remember they are your friends!
2014 Eclipse Dates
April 15th Full Moon Lunar Eclipse 25 degrees Libra
April 28th New Moon Solar Eclipse 9 degrees Taurus
October 8th Full Moon Lunar Eclipse 15 degrees Aries
October 23rd New Moon Solar Eclipse 0 Scorpio